Sirius Building is named after the ship of the same name which was apart of the First Fleet that arrived in Botany Bay in 1788, thus recognising the significance of the division “Phillip” name in Australian history.
The underlying design concept of the building reflects this heritage, responding with its elements, materials, colours and textures contributing to a subliminal and emotional link to the great wooden ships of that era.
The estimated number of Department and Health staff to be accommodated in the building is nearly 3,000. The building is designed to achieve a 4.5 star ABGR rating and 5 Greenstar rating with an environmentally responsive façade and energy services.
The building comprises of 45,000m² of office accommodation in two contiguous office towers facing Furzer and Worgan Streets centred on Scarborough House located in Phillip, ACT.